How do agents and buyers contact me?
Your contact information is in the Showing Instructions field in the MLS for agents to call you directly. The MLS does not allow your contact information anywhere in the public remarks. If a buyer/tenant calls us they will hear a recording directing them to SimplyBuyMe.com to find your information. If they leave a voicemail or email us it is then promptly forwarded to you. We forward
Does everything on the MLS Input Form need to be filled in?
We need all the red (MA) or asterisk (NH) areas filled in, your listing cannot be input without these fields filled in correctly. Most towns have an online assessor's database where you can find information about your property, such as living area, lot size, and book and page. We can find it for you if you are having difficulty.
How many photographs and characters for the write-up are allowed?
The MA MLS allows for 30 photos (1024 x 768 pixels) and 1000 characters for the property write-up; NH allows 40 photos (1280 x 960 pixels, under 125K) and 1500 characters. Number your photos if you would like them in a certain order. To
Where can I see my listing live?
Links to the MA and NH MLS can be found at the bottom of all our site's pages or visit LisaBerry.com. Other sites may slightly differ in how they display your property, we do not have control over 3rd party sites. New listings, changes, and open houses can take an hour or 2 to reflect online.
How do I edit my listing, send files, download files, or see my order notes?
Click My Orders in the left menu in your account, then choose View. You will find everything here to manage your order and listing. Click Support to submit a ticket to edit your listing or send us photos.
What are some estimated closing costs as a seller?
Tax Stamps: MA $4.56/$1000; NH $7.50/$1000
Newly Prepared Deed: $100
Attorney Fee: $1,000
Mortgage Discharge: $100
Filing Fee: $75
Fire Dept. Inspection: $50
Record 6D Certificate (condo): $75
MA Title V Inspection: $600-$800
This is meant to be a general guide and will vary with each transaction. Your attorney or the buyer's lender will be able to give you a more accurate estimate.
Zillow and 3rd party site information
We do not maintain Zillow or any other real estate site, we only maintain your listing in the MLS. Your listing will automatically be published to these 3rd party sites. We recommend you remove any Zillow listing you have prior to listing with us to avoid any discrepancies. New listings, changes, and open houses can take an hour or 2 to reflect online. If you do find that your information is displayed wrong somewhere make sure that we have it correct in the MLS. If the information in the MLS is correct you may contact the site that is displaying your listing wrong. We are unable to display your contact information on these sites, our office information is automatically displayed. Some sites may have agents who pay a fee to be displayed as a contact on your listing.
Will I receive reminders regarding my listing?
Yes, you will receive an automated email reminder 1 week prior to your listing expiring, 2 weeks prior to your closing date, and then again on the morning of the closing.
Do you have any tips to help sell my property fast?
- Hold a broker or public open house. Submit a ticket to request us to schedule one in the MLS.
- Make sure your property is priced right for the market. We offer a Comparable Market Analysis for $25.
- Place a For Sale sign on the property. We offer a For Sale Sign for $40 or use your own as long as it doesn't have the words "By Owner" on it.
- If you are present for showings, give buyers space and time to really see all your property has to offer.
- Are your photos clear, bright, and have a sufficient resolution? Make sure they showcase positive features and do not exaggerate negatives. We offer Professional Photos for $125 if needed.
- Could your property description write-up be improved?
- Request showing feedback from agents and buyers after each showing (link found in your account).
- Offer an agent bonus if they put it under
agreementby a certain date.
- Consider raising the buyer's agent commission rate.
- Include a home warranty or offer
moneyback to the buyer at closing to cover any needed repairs.
- Make simple and inexpensive repairs or updates that would improve the desirability of the property (e.g., neutral paint, remove wallpaper, declutter, neutralize pet odors, improve curb appeal). Be sure to submit updated photos to us if you make any changes.
- Pack away any unnecessary personal or decorative items.
- FYI- deposits can be held in an escrow account by either an agent's broker or your attorney.
Why is my listing gone or showing up as ‘Off Market’ after I have a signed contract?
Most sites will not display your listing when it is Under Agreement (MA) or Pending (NH). It is only marked as Contingent (MA) or Active Under Contract (NH) when you indicate you want it to still be shown for backup offers on the Update Listing Status form. In that case most sites will display it and you are required to continue to show it per the MLS.